Check LIC Policy Status by SMS: If you have a policy, you might want to check your LIC policy status, due premium, loan on policy, and so on. The good news is that now, you can check all the information related to your LIC policy by using shortcode SMS. This is a free service, but your mobile operator might charge for each shortcode SMS as per your tariff plan. If you have a policy, you can check all the necessary information on your mobile phone by sending an SMS.
Check LIC Policy Status by SMS
Here are the Pension Policy shortcodes for your reference:
LICPension <Policy-No>[STAT/ECDUE/ANNPD/PDTHRU/AMOUNT/CHQRET] and Send it To 56677
If you want to check your Individual Pension policy (IPP) status then you need to type LICPension 88888888 STAT and send it to 56677 (88888888 is just an example, you need to replace with your LIC policy number.
The full form of the above terms are:
- IPP Policy Status, (STAT)
- Existence Certificate Due, (ECDUE)
- Last Annuity Released Date, (ANNPD)
- Annuity Payment thru (CHQ/ECS/NEFT) (PDTHRU)
- Annuity Amount (AMOUNT)
- Cheque Return Information (CHQRET)
If you want to check Individual policy details through SMS then Type:
ASKLIC < POLICY NO > [PREMIUM/REVIVAL/BONUS/LOAN/NOM] and Send it To 56677
You can get the following details through SMS:
- Premium – Installment premium under the policy
- Revival – If a policy lapse, the Revival amount payable
- Bonus – Amount of Bonus vested
- Loan – Amount available as Loan
- NOM – Details of Nomination
Alternatively, you can call LIC customer care no. 1251 form MTNL/BSNL or login to the LIC website to check LIC policy details online. Apart from these, if you have a smartphone you can download the App and check the status anytime anywhere at your convenient time. There are various other ways you to check the status. For example, if you have a dedicated agent, you can contact your agent and enquire about it. Or you may pay a visit to your nearest branch and inquire.
Why you need to check your LIC policy status?
- To know about the due date of premium or loan on your LIC policies, which are required to be paid on time.
- If you have an insurance policy from Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), you can check its status anytime online if you do not want receive SMS for every inquiry.
What are the features and how it works?
- The SMS inquiry is a free service.
- You can get policy owner name, premium due date and outstanding loan amount.
This content provides information about how to check the LIC policy status.