It is now very important that you link your PAN number with your Aadhaar Card whether you file an income tax return or not. This is mandatory as per the new law presented by the Indian government. The last date to link your PAN Card with your Aadhaar card is 31st March 2023, however, it is recommended to do it as soon as possible in order to avoid any issues.
In order to link your PAN to the Aadhar, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar Status” under the “Quick Links”.
- Enter the PAN and Aadhaar number and click “View Link Aadhaar Status”.
- If your Aadhaar and PAN are not linked, a pop-up menu on the screen will show “PAN not linked with Aadhaar.
- Please click on the “Link Aadhaar” link to link your Aadhaar with your PAN.”
- If the cards are linked, the message will say, “Your Aadhaar is linked with your PAN”.
- Verify the details and submit.
- Upon successful linking, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen, and an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
The last date to link your PAN and Aadhaar cards is 31st March 2023. The Indian government has extended the deadline from 31st March 2022 to 31st March 2023. However, if you fail to link the two cards before the deadline, your PAN card will become invalid. Therefore, it is highly recommended to link your PAN and Aadhaar cards as soon as possible. A fine of Rs.1000 will be collected at the time of linking the PAN and Adhar.
Why it’s important to link Adhar and PAN
It is important to link your PAN and Aadhaar cards because it simplifies the process of filing returns. It helps in eliminating duplicate PAN cards and also helps in reducing the chances of identity theft. Moreover, linking your PAN and Aadhaar makes it easier for the government to track the transactions and tax payments of a taxpayer. Moreover, linking your PAN and Aadhaar helps in availing various government subsidies and schemes such as Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, PM Jan Dhan Yojana, etc. Linking your PAN and Aadhaar also helps in getting easy loans from banks and other financial institutions.
Why do you need PAN Card?
- It is used for identifying taxpayers for the purpose of taxation in India.
- It is necessary for filing Income Tax returns.
- It is required for making financial transactions such as buying/selling shares, mutual funds, and other securities.
- It is used as a valid identification document for opening a bank account, investing in mutual funds, and other financial transactions.
- It is also required for availing of various government subsidies and schemes.
Why do you need Aadhar Card?
- It is used as valid identity proof for opening a bank account, filing Income Tax returns, and availing various government schemes.
- It helps in authenticating biometric and demographic details for identity verification.
- It helps in getting easy loans from banks and other financial institutions.
- It is used for availing various government subsidies such as Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, PM Jan Dhan Yojana, etc.
- It helps in eliminating duplicate PAN cards and reducing the chances of identity theft.
In conclusion, it is important to link your PAN and Aadhaar cards before the deadline of 31st March 2023 in order to avoid getting your PAN card invalid. Linking the two cards helps in simplifying the process of filing returns, helps in availing various government schemes and subsidies, and helps in eliminating duplicate PAN cards and reducing the chances of identity theft. Therefore, it is highly recommended to link your PAN and Aadhaar cards as soon as possible. We encourage you to share this important information with your family and friends so that they can also take the necessary steps to link their cards and avoid the penalty.
For those young people who have got a PAN and Aadhar ,but have no income at the moment ,how can they link their Aadhar with Pan ,unless they register themselves on IT Portal. In case they have no income and do not want to register on IT portal ,then why should their PAN NO. be cancelled .Some method to avoid cancellation of their PAN should be prescribed