Jeevan Mitra Double Cover Endowment Plan
Jeevan Mitra Double Cover (Table No.88) is for people who need a big sum assured / financial protection to his/her family in case of unfortunate death during the policy period. If you are looking for Jeevan Mitra Triple Cover Endowment Plan Go to this page:
Jeevan Mitra’s plan is not allowed for non-earning majors including students.
(i) When occupational extra is chargeable (ii) Pregnant ladies.
You can pay Jeevan Mitra insurance Premiums yearly, half-yearly, quarterly, monthly (ECS), or through Salary deductions.
Jeevan Mitra – Double Cover participates in profit. Bonuses are declared every year. Once declared, a bonus forms part of the guaranteed benefits of the plan. A Final (Additional) Bonus may also be payable provided a policy has run for a certain minimum period.
Twice the Sum Assured plus all bonuses on the basic sum assured to date is payable in a lump sum upon the death of the life assured.
3 times of Sum Assured plus all the Bonus is given on accidental death provided the policy was covered for accidental benefit.
The Sum Assured plus all bonuses declared up to maturity date is payable in a lump sum on survival to the end of the policy term.
Tax Benefit is available on Premiums u/s 80C, Whereas Maturity/Death Claim u/s 10D
The loan is allowed after 3 years
Housing Loan Collateral: Twice Basic sum assured.
Conditions and Requirements:
- Min. age at entry: 18 years
- Max. age at entry: 50 years
- Max. Maturity age: 70 years.
- Min. S.A.: Rs. 50,000/-
- Max. SA.: Any amount
- SA in multiples: Rs. 5,000
- Accident benefit per 1000 SA: Re. 1 extra.
- Min Term: 15 years.
- Max Term: 30 years.
- Surrender of Policy: Yes
- Revival: Yes
- Housing Loan: Available
- Assignment: Available
- Survival Benefits: No
- Permanent Disability Benefit: Available
Buying an Insurance policy is a long-term commitment but the Jeevan Mitra’s policy may be surrendered after it has been in force for 3 years or more. The guaranteed surrender value is 30% of the basic premiums paid excluding the first year’s premium.
1. Mrs. Geeta takes Jeevan Mitra policy for Rs 1 Lakh for 16 years term under Jeevan Mitra Double cover table no. 88. She dies of natural death due to a heart attack after 3 years. Her nominee gets Rs. 2,13,200/- (Rs. 2,00,000/- SA being Double Cover Policy + Rs 13200 being bonus at an estimated Rs 44 per thousand pa for 3 years).
In case, Mrs. Geeta dies in an accident, her nominee will receive Rs. 3,00,000/- being 3 times the SA + accumulated Bonus till her death.
2. If Mrs. Geeta takes the same policy but with Rs 1 lakh but for 20 years and she survives till maturity. Then, Mrs. Geeta gets Rs. 1,88,000/- (Rs. 100000 SA + Rs. 88,000/- being bonus at an estimated Rs 44 per thousand per annum).
Update: Jeevan Mitra Double Cover Table No.88 Has Been Discontinued.
The above is the product summary giving the key features of the plan. This is for illustrative purposes only. This does not represent a contract and for details please refer to your policy document.
I have Jeevanmitra (Double cover) policy likely to mature in
the next month (July 2012).I am also holding a loan of Rs 52,000
on this policy which is taken one year back.
Please clarify whether my bonuses and and other benifits are effected due to this ?
Sir I have jeevanmitra double cover policy 15 years ihave paid yearly 3420 likely next year July meture iam also holding loan 52000 total how much profit I will get please tell me sir my no 9744793693